Arpnat patch for trunk/barrier breaker

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

omggo

Arpnat patch for trunk/barrier breaker

Post by omggo »

I'd like to test the current trunk of openwrt with the arpnat patch from gargoyle because of a few fixes in the trunk that apply to my router but there seems to be some issues.

The package structure is different in the trunk compared to attitude adjustment. After updating the patch packages location, the patches apply successfully but ebtables is crashing when enabling client bridge.

Is there anyway we can get an updated patch for barrier breaker/trunk? Or if anyone has got it working could you provide me with the details of how I can get it working?

Thanks

sly

Re: Arpnat patch for trunk/barrier breaker

Post by sly »

I would like to have this too! :?

omggo

Post by omggo »

thanks for the link.

I gave it a try but it isn't working on the current trunk. I'm getting "Illegal target name 'arpnat'" so im guessing there is a problem with this patch as well. I will investigate further.

If anyone gets this working please post here.

omggo

Post by omggo »

So I've worked out the error was because the patch posted above is missing 2 pieces of code:
- the hotplug script that runs on boot - "20-client_bridge"
- the patch that enables the target "arpnat" - "100-arpnat.patch"

after adding these 2 pieces of code I get an "unable to update the kernel" error when trying to run the arpnat rules.

here is the arpnat patch i've modified, It also includes the "20-yes-we-can-bridge-sta.patch" as per the patch above:
http://pastebin.com/VaY50FGZ

I've attempted to merge the above patch with the missing code and the updated references.
The main changes are:
-kernel is now version 3.10 instead of 3.3
-packages are in subfolders now
-ebtables is version 2.0.10-4 instead of 2.0.9-1

Any help is appreciated.