Patch for BT FTTC - PPPoE MTU 1508

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Tonka

Patch for BT FTTC - PPPoE MTU 1508

Post by Tonka »

Hi all,

Apologies in advance, this is really not my skill set.

I'm trying to apply some OpenWRT patches to 1.5.10 in order to modify the PPP MTU to take advantage of a MTU of 1508. I'm attempting to follow:

http://monki.org.uk/blog/2013/04/14/pat ... r-bt-fttc/

Hopefully not, but whilst Gargoyle is based on OpenWRT it could be simply that what I'm trying wont work. But up for trial and error.

I've set up a virtual machine and followed the instructions in the developers section for compiling an image and have sucesseded with a baisc complie - so far so good.

First question; when running make is it possible to limit to building just my model of router (WNDR3800) under make ar71xx.WNDR3800 - or similar? I've had a quick look and this does not apepar to be an option so I'm running make ar71xx.

What I've tried to do is put the baby jumbo frames patch (from the git repo in the above link) into targets/ar71xx/patches-3.3 however this appears to fail at line 52 (going from memory here - will have to confirm) and not get compiled. Is this the right place to put this patch?

I'm also completely lost as to where the right place would be to add the ppp patch as there does not appear to be a folder packages/ppp/patches. I've experimented with a couple of locations but to be honest I've missed any comment about this during the make process so I've no idea of success or otherwise.

Would appreciate any guidance.

Tom