Nokia Lumia internet not available

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Doodad

Nokia Lumia internet not available

Post by Doodad »

I bought a WR1043ND v 1.8 and put my Netgear DG834G into modem only mode, flashed the Firmware with the gargoyle_1.3.14-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin image and that worked a charm.

I set Gargoyle to PPPoE and the wireless AP enabled n + b + g with WPA2 security as per normal.

Every device in our house can connect to the router and connect to the internet through it except my son's Nokia Lumia 820 which connects to the router but cannot get on the internet.

If I go back to ground zero and turn the DG834G into a modem router and enable its wireless AP his Nokia connects to the internet via WiFi fine.

As a possibility I'm considering putting the Gargoyle router after the Netgear modem/router and using the Netgear Wireless AP for him alone and the Gargoyle router for the rest if I can get that to work but it seems a bit strange to have to consider that plus the fact that I might be congesting the 2.4 GHz spectrum.

There are no settings in the phone that I can detect that would cause the problem so I suspect that Gargoyle just will not pass his phone wifi connection to the internet for whatever reason.

As well the ABC's iView video streaming service over the iMac's airplay desktop mirroring to my appleTV crashes. Using the Apple TV to stream music from iTunes via airplay works fine - all hardware is using the WR1043ND router Wireless AP.

I have now got the Gargoyle router running in DHCP wired downstream from the Netgear running as a modem/router but this hardly seems ideal but Airplay mirroring and the Lumia 820 can both connect through the Netgear.

I don't know what to do. Otherwise it's a great project.

pbix
Developer

Re: Nokia Lumia internet not available

Post by pbix »

Why are we using such an old version of Gargoyle? Have you tried a modern version?
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Doodad

Post by Doodad »

I did wonder that.

Because I followed the Gargoyle instructions on the installation page for the router to the letter.

Thanks for jolting me back to reality

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

These guys are using modern versions:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=8&t=3757

Please use v1.5.9 and then lets see what issue you have. Its been several years since v1.3 was active.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Doodad

Post by Doodad »

Yes 1.5.9 working like a charm. Thanks

rshadtauseef

Post by rshadtauseef »

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ideal baby Names
Last edited by rshadtauseef on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.