Web Usage Monitor stops updating

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

meshsmith

Web Usage Monitor stops updating

Post by meshsmith »

Hi there!

Been running Gargoyle on my TL-WR1043ND for a week or so.

I've set "Number of Sites to Save", "Number of Searches to Save" to 500, and set the interval that the logs write to every hour.

I have a cron job running on my server which grabs the "webmon-searches.txt" and "webmon-domains.txt" files every hour and backs them up.

However, when the 500 limit is reached, instead of writing over the oldest entries as mentioned in the documentation (http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... =web_usage), the logs stop updating - the current search and domain logs persist without refreshing, and I lose the most recent logs as they're not being recorded. This is true of the web interface and the webmon text files.

When I clear the history using the web interface, new entries are once again added as expected, but then stop updating when the 500 limit is reached.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

ispyisail

Re: Web Usage Monitor stops updating

Post by ispyisail »

firmware version?

hardware?

meshsmith

Post by meshsmith »

Hi there

Thanks for the reply - I'm using firmware version 1.5.8 and running it on my TL-WR1043ND router. I'm using a Freenas box (Proliant N40L) to pull the text files every hour and store them locally.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I have a cron job running on my server which grabs the "webmon-searches.txt" and "webmon-domains.txt" files every hour and backs them up.
can you paste your cron job script?

meshsmith

Post by meshsmith »

Sure.

In a bash script:

Code: Select all

scp root@[router-ip]:/usr/data/webmon_domains.txt [destination]/domains-`date +"%Y.%m.%d-%H"`.txt
Although it's not this script that's the problem... The text files copy fine, they just stop updating after 500 logs. So at some point all the text files have the same 500 logs in them, until I clear the logs.

This is a problem with Gargoyle not replacing the oldest entries when the limit is reached, as claimed in the documentation.

meshsmith

Post by meshsmith »

Bump! Anyone?

fretslapper97

Post by fretslapper97 »

what if you make the script delete the log?

sanyad

Post by sanyad »

Still same problem in v1.8.1 with WR1043ND We need to clear the web monitor records for further log. Auto delete of old logs with entry of new not happening.

linehonours

Post by linehonours »

Yes, still same problem in v1.9.1 with WNDR3800. Once the 500 fills up it stops adding. :?: