DNS server

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

hasirani

DNS server

Post by hasirani »

What are the numbers that go into the DNS server and the 2nd DNS server? For xbox live. I tried fixing my NAT on my xbox but when I finished trying to fix it I had to manually put the DNS server and secondary DNS server adress or whatever it is. My problem is that I forgot what those numbers were and if someone could help me I would very much apreciate it.
Last edited by hasirani on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

pbix
Developer

Re: DNS server

Post by pbix »

I am a XBOX user myself. To resolve NAT issues in my system I set the IP address manually in the XBOX. My Gargoyle router is at 192.168.2.1 so my settings are

IP: 192.168.2.99
MASK: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 192.168.2.1
DNS: 192.168.2.1

You will need to adjust the above for your situation.

Then you must manually forward port 3074 to your XBOX. So on the router Firewall->Port Forwarding screen enter an individual port forward with both protocols to your XBOX IP address. I also have uPnP disabled on my system (at the bottom of the screen).

I am sure other setups could work but I can attest that the above works very reliably for me. One note, you can only have one XBOX per router with this setup. So if you have more than one XBOX in your house and both want to be on XBOX live then you will need to find another way.

Finally I setup QoS to provide a minimum bandwidth of 80kbps up and down to my XBOX using its IP address and then enable the active congestion control. This will prevent other users on your router from killing your ping times provoking the dreaded red bar of humiliation while you are playing.

Its a little know fact that Gargoyle based routers are the ultimate gaming routers. No consumer router in the world works as well with XBOX live as Gargoyle does.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

pr0xyguy

Post by pr0xyguy »

I have confirmed this solution works.

smethrony

Post by smethrony »

DNS server is known as Domain name system that host the network service. DSN server used to translate hostnames and human-memorable domain names in the IP address.
signal booster boost the signal of your mobile phone