LinksysWRT1900acs v2 bricked !?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

BitBlock

Re: LinksysWRT1900acs v2 bricked !?

Post by BitBlock »

As far as i know yet its not the COM Port its /dev/ttyUSB0 with this chip. But any of my attemts with putty for linux and mediacom (!?) with set baudrate (11520) Data Bit and so on shows blank screen no output at all.

Maybe its the pin contact. Maybe wrong Volt setting: 3 Jumpers in the middle isnt marked left side 5V and right side 3,3 V. The jumper is over the middle and 3,3 V. Somewhere i read i think when the power is 5 Volt the tx rx is 3,3 V but not sure !?
Could be everything i dont did that before :(

Greeting to Australia from Berlin/Germany, thank you ....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The jumper that goes between TX and RX allows you to loop back and test. So if your settings are correct you should see what you type out echoed to you.
When you are ready to connect to the device you don’t use that jumper only the one that selects voltage.

Sorry it’s a bit difficult to assist with this remotely. If you can get serial working then we can progress.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BitBlock

Post by BitBlock »

Ah ok. I am nearly to give up. I did everything what the HowTo's say but get no output from the port. I installed directly the manufacturer drivers and the port changed from /dev/ttyUSB0 to /dev/ttyCH341USB0 but no output. I tried now putty, tio and screen /dev/ttyCH341USB0 11520 for example. setserial -g shows me UART but the other variables are type unknown and something like this 0x0000 not a good sign i think. Perhaps the pins of the router are to small for the cables i really dont know.
Perhaps the chip CH340 is not suitable.
In the Openwrt Wiki stands something from bootloader corruption does it make sense to try the described steps when i dont get something on screen ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I think it is unlikely your bootloader is dead.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BitBlock

Post by BitBlock »

I got an Linksys WRT1200AC v1.
Can you say if it's save to build the master branch for mvebu or should i build with

Code: Select all

git checkout 1.15
Does the upgrade make sense or is it just OpenWRT upgraded ?

thank you

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

NO. Master will not work again lol.

base_on_openwrt_2305

make FULL_BUILD=true mvebu.default

Sysupgrade from OpenWrt without preserving settings

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

But also, why bother? Just download the prebuilt images...
viewtopic.php?t=17921

If you want to learn how to compile it fine, but you don't need to for now.

BitBlock

Post by BitBlock »

yes youre right, very nice link you posted. Thank you.

Now i can't wait to flash ...... and than with my "lucky strain" depressed when the third router is gone :evil: hahaa was just a joke :o

Can I ask you at the end some questions !?
- Is it possible to use 23.05.2 ( Or simillar ) repo from Openwrt in the distfeeds.conf in 1.15
- Can i get any third party plugin feed elsewhere ?
- is it known to have an extroot with ext4 ssd and hdd dock on usb3.0 port to be causin problems ?
- since i'am away from OpenWRT i get very intense connection cut-offs some times i log in via ssh and 3 secs later no input anymore than restart the connection and again 3 seconds and iam logged off that 6 times in a row, i am on a Android Tablet with Android 13 via WLAN connected. I had that issue the same on the MCDebian Routerfirmware its unusable in the commandline. On DD-WRT not.
- can i flash stock-firmware from linksys from the GUI of Gargoyle and how to print bootpart and set ? Is it fw_env boot_bart like openwrt ?

thank you for your help

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

1. Yes, but kernel modules may be incompatible as they were not compiled exactly the same. Any extra packages you install from OpenWrt I can’t provide support for. You are on your own.
2. Yes, read the other thread I linked. You should add the appropriate repo from the same download location
3. Yes, usb3 interferes with 2.4GHz wifi. That’s just physics.
4. Gargoyle is based on OpenWrt
5. Gargoyle is based on OpenWrt