Dynamic DNS updater not working in 1.3.7

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

hipitihop

Dynamic DNS updater not working in 1.3.7

Post by hipitihop »

I have noticed in 1.3.7 that the dynamic DNS updater is not updating automatically. I need to do a force update. I'm using no-ip.com Anyone else have this problem ? or has it been fixed in later builds ?

agrinmote

Re: Dynamic DNS updater not working in 1.3.7

Post by agrinmote »

I have the same issue. I have two DDNS with two provider, but not update automatically after external ip change. I have no this issue on Tomato firmware.

hipitihop

Post by hipitihop »

agrinmote wrote:I have the same issue. I have two DDNS with two provider, but not update automatically after external ip change. I have no this issue on Tomato firmware.
Are you also on 1.3.7 or have moved to later versions ?

agrinmote

Post by agrinmote »

I'm actually on gargoyle_1.3.9 no problem with force update, but the automatically update not working.

agrinmote

Post by agrinmote »

btw, all settings are default

agrinmote

Post by agrinmote »

waiting for the first upgrade version in 2011 to fix this issue!!!

hipitihop

Post by hipitihop »

Jut bitten by this again today. :evil: My IP changed but updater did not update my no-ip account. Pressing force update, I get message box telling me "Update successful", but update has not happened, and timestamp on last update in gargoyle remains the same. However if I disable the entry, save changes, re-enable the entry and save changes, it correctly refreshes my no-ip account and the timestamp reflects the change in Gargoyle. So this is a workaround for the force not working.

But this is still a PITA, really do need this to occur instantly whenever IP changes and/or based on the intervals set.