Gargoyle fails to update time after power cut

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

pdjw

Gargoyle fails to update time after power cut

Post by pdjw »

Gargoyle 1.8.1 on WR1043ND
I have had several times recently when there has been a power cut, the router time has not updated correctly, so the various time-based restrictions don't work properly.
I'm always told fairly quickly by the kids that it's wrong. Doing a reboot sorts it, but I would have though that the router should be able to pick up the correct time when it first connects?
The time settings don't show any box to change the frequency of NTP updates, so it's not possible to fix by increasing the check frequency.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
John

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle fails to update time after power cut

Post by Lantis »

As long as sysntpd is running, the clock will auto sync anywhere between once a 1-60 minutes.

After an unclean reboot it may not have restarted the service correctly.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ektus

Post by ektus »

pdjw wrote:Gargoyle 1.8.1 on WR1043ND
I have had several times recently when there has been a power cut, the router time has not updated correctly, so the various time-based restrictions don't work properly.
I'm always told fairly quickly by the kids that it's wrong. Doing a reboot sorts it, but I would have though that the router should be able to pick up the correct time when it first connects?
It should, and normally it will check the time regularly afterwards, but I could imagine Gargoyle coming back up faster than your internet connection, so it will have no chance to read the time with the first try.

Easiest way to avoid it is supplying the router with an UPS.

Regards
Ektus.

tapper

Post by tapper »

If you are still on 1.8.1 try upgrading if you can 1.8.1 was the build with the most bugs IMO!
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260