Suggested Feature: Blocked Pages Notification

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Micki

Re: Suggested Feature: Blocked Pages Notification

Post by Micki »

I'm not a programmer and 90% of tech and developer lingo goes over my head but if the system is already capable of blocking, how much would it really take to throw up a warning saying Domain Blocked, Access Gargoyle Browsing Controls?

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

Micki: I appreciate your comment but the reality of it is that most users are pre-occupied with the quantity rather than the quality of what they access.
I was just hoping that after a year perhaps the quality side of things could get some attention. :)

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

Here is an example of a notification produced by OpenDNS: http://block.opendns.com/main?url=88888 ... 78&ablock=

Here is an example of the sort of page I had in mind for Gargoyle:
This domain is blocked.
Site blocked by Sunkids using the Gargoyle router.
"www.dating.com" is not allowed on this network.
Please note that I have no affiliation with Sunkids. I just thought it would be a good example of the type of application that would benefit from the feature.
Note that in this example Sunkids benefits from advertising via their link in the notification (for example mums picking up kids and accessing the network on their iphones.)
Gargoyle also benefits through advertising via their link.

Well that's it from me. Unless we get some replies from viewers this will mark the end of this topic...

dinaafifi

Post by dinaafifi »

The best VPN experience I had in a very long time https://www.waselpro.com/en/ . No downtime and very helpful support, very fast replies. It is not easy to find a real good VPN provider