Can't access router or internet

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

useruser

Can't access router or internet

Post by useruser »

I have a WRT54GL router running Gargoyle - it's been working flawlessly for several months now, but all of a sudden I cannot connect to the internet anymore (and accessing the web GUI doesn't work anymore, either). Windows tells me something about limited connectivity, and I get the same on both Vista and XP (tried it on several machines). I can neither connect with cable nor wirelessly, although I my computer can see the wireless network SSID, so clearly the router isn't bricked (and I wouldn't know why it should be in the first place).

What are my options? Thanks!

DoesItMatter

Re: Can't access router or internet

Post by DoesItMatter »

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Re ... _Bad_Flash

Have you tried that procedure?

Scroll down to the section specifically for the WRT54GL.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

useruser

Post by useruser »

I just tried the 30/30/30 but that didn't make any difference.

The way it's now, it seems like the rooter is constantly rebooting. Starts up, power light flashing, DMZ comes on, and after 30 seconds or so, WLAN lights up and power is ON. Then, after maybe a minute, all lights go out, power starts flashing and everything starts all over again.

Unfortunately I don't know if things were the same way before the 30/30/30 because I didn't pay too much attention to what the lights were doing after they came on for the first time - but anyway, that's the way things are now. Unfortunately, this behavior matches none of the scenarios referenced on the page you mention. I can't telnet/ssh the router, and somehow, it would seem odd to me if I had to try and short-circuit (=most likely destroy) a router that ran into troubles without me even touching the firmware. :(

PS: Sorry for posting this thread in the wrong forum - I meant to launch it in "Troubleshooting".

useruser

Post by useruser »

Actually, fixing the device with TFTP worked (and was also much easier than I thought). Thanks for the help!