Phone adapter + gargoyle.

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ksys

Phone adapter + gargoyle.

Post by ksys »

I’m using router Airlink WL-1600GL with gargoyle 1.0.0-brcm-2.4-squashfs installed. My router works with phone adapter Linksys SPA1001. All is working with no problem with one exception. After switching off all devices (or short lack of electricity) router reboots but do not assign IP to SPA (in DHCP computers and phone adapter have static IP). So after power break I have Internet (WiFi) but I’m not aware about the fact that my phone does not work.
The easy way to solve this is to switch off phone adapter again for a second and switch it on again (simply saying router have to start working a few second before SPA). Is there any way to solve this? It do not appear on original firmware or on Tomato 1.25 1.27 (but I prefer to work with gargoyle).
It is not a big problem when I know about power break, but when I do not know that it is a problem.

BikeMike

Re: Phone adapter + gargoyle.

Post by BikeMike »

I have had a similar problem, but don't think it's related to the IP address.

I have assigned static IP in DHCP, but just to give it a hostname. I also set the static IP on the ATA (a billion 6404).

After a power failure both devices come up and are accessible on the network, but sometimes VoIP does not "register" with one of my providers. This also occurs sometimes even without a power failure too.

The solution I found is to browse to the Billion Voip config page and click "apply" and it then connects. I don't think it actually has anything to do with Gargoyle, more likely the ATA.

Delphinus

Re: Phone adapter + gargoyle.

Post by Delphinus »

I believe its due to the fact the gargoyle takes longer to boot up and start the dhcp server than your VOIP adapter. So the VOIP adapter boots up and requests a DHCP lease (IP) but the the gargoyle router is still loading.

If you set a manual IP address on the VOIP adapter does this solve the problem?