[Resolved] Quota incorrect?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

neatomos

[Resolved] Quota incorrect?

Post by neatomos »

An odd issue to which I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light. I have created two extra classifications being JailD and JailU. (one upstream and one downstream) Both of which are throttled down to 256k each (Max BW) and I have a quota rule set for an IP which is set for daily 850 megs total transfer. Which I was hoping will drop it over to the JailU/JailD and throttle accordingly.

Checking over the usage, I found that the IP did go over and it did trigger the throttle. But what is interesting is that the downstream is in the correct classification (JailD) but the upstream is in 'slow' rather than JailU. It is happening for several UDP and TCP based connections.

This is currently operating on a WNDRMACV2 router with the most recent version 1.7.

Besides that, really enjoying the functionality of the router/software.

Update: I gave it a second quota test against my desktop IP of 5mb total transfer (up and down) then drop it into VOIP (Up and Down.) It did trigger and again downstream dropped into VOIP queue. But upstream fell into the 'FAST' category when viewing over the lists of various sessions/connections. Which is most likely following the regular default rules for upstream.

From there I tried it again to use the JailD/JailU categories and run a speed test (@ speedtest.net.) Triggered the 5mb transfer quota and downstream did drop to 256k but upstream was wide open and peaked to the set amount in my QOS Up setting. (Around 4mbps)
Last edited by neatomos on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ispyisail

Re: Quota incorrect?

Post by ispyisail »

screen shots please

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

Album collected on imgur.
http://imgur.com/a/bNGT3

Will be pulling the router and wiping configuration and testing again to see if it can be replicated.

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

Tried similar config on WZR-AG300H router with the most recent build.
1.7.X (Built 20150109-0720 git@da35789)

Same results. Once quota is met, download does fall into correct throttle/queue. But upload is wide open.

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

Just another update.
Flashed WZR-AG300-H with build : 1.6.X (Built 20141109-0020 git@f372e3b)
Created a 10meg limit for both up/down quota for a single IP with a throttle applied for up/down traffic.
(I created two throttled QOS rules to have the IP drop into)

Ran speed test after quota was exceeded and rules DID stick for both up/down traffic. Which is good news. ;)

Will be testing a later build on BB to see if anything has changed.

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

Just tested build : 1.7.X (Built 20150222-0823 git@5f5ddc4)
Results are the same as the original issue. Download quota throttle works, upload quota throttle broken. So it seems that the BB builds are yielding the same results.

neatomos

Post by neatomos »

Just tested the latest build 1.7.1
Created a JailU and JailD and limited each at 200k max.
Created a quota of 10mb transfer total and throttle the IP into JailU/JailD.
Exceeded the quota, so I ran a speed test for ingress/egress.

Tested it, works perfect! :D