Screenshots of themes?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

moeburn

Screenshots of themes?

Post by moeburn »

Is there any way to see what the themes look like before I install them? Because I'm looking at the Plugins List in the gargoyle web ui, and there's a nice selection of themes, but no way to see what they look like other than just installing each one of them until I find one I like.

Also, is there a better way of viewing the logs than the "logread" plugin? It doesn't go back far enough, it seems to have a command line screen buffer limitation. How would I go about viewing the entire log, so that I can, for example, see when people connected to my FTP server throughout the day?

ispyisail

Re: Screenshots of themes?

Post by ispyisail »

moeburn

Post by moeburn »

You don't say much, do you? :P

Okay, I followed the instructions on that page, but the Kiwi Syslog Server isn't receiving anything. I told the Kiwi server to send a test message to itself, and that worked, so there's nothing wrong with the Kiwi Server. I made sure to put my correct IP address in the UCI command. I even tried the second set of commands to send more log info, but still nothing.

I cd'd to /var/log, which for some reason brought me to /tmp/log, which had 4 files: lastlog log.nmbd log.smbd wtmp. They were all completely empty. Could this be why I am not getting any log info?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

The instructions need updateing for the new version of the kiwi log server

Its something in the "settings"

When you fist install, a warning box comes up (follow those instructions)

moeburn

Post by moeburn »

ispyisail wrote:The instructions need updateing for the new version of the kiwi log server

Its something in the "settings"

When you fist install, a warning box comes up (follow those instructions)
Ah, yes, I needed to tell Kiwi to listen for logs coming from a specific IP, and the free version limits you to only 5 different IPs.

Either way, I gave up on syslogd, and I used opkg to get syslog-ng, which had better documentation on the OpenWRT site on how to get it set up. Its much easier to use the OpenWRT wiki and forums, because they actually get updated.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

because they actually get updated.
Do you update the wiki?

moeburn

Post by moeburn »

ispyisail wrote:
because they actually get updated.
Do you update the wiki?
No, I'm a consumer of free things, and I demand that said free things have unlimited 24/7 support and fully written and frequently updated documentation, and a thriving and welcoming community, and freshly baked cookies delivered to my doorstep.

BashfulBladder

Post by BashfulBladder »

TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki

moeburn

Post by moeburn »

Hey thanks! The two themes listed at the end aren't in my plugins list or in my gpkg list, even though I have 1.5.10, how do i install them?

BashfulBladder

Post by BashfulBladder »

moeburn wrote:I have 1.5.10
I'd like to point out that 1.5.10 is not greater than 1.5.10. The title of the section is "Themes for Gargoyle > 1.5.10".

In any event, the instructions on how to install are at the bottom of the page in my sig.

Horchata is not yet available.
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki