Tor relay bandwidth

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

gargiggler

Tor relay bandwidth

Post by gargiggler »

Hi there,

forgive my ignorance as I'm a new convert to Gargoyle, but I've had a Tor relay up and running for a day now but don't see:

1) how to 'view' the bandwidth being consumed by the relay itself, when I'm not on using it (as I want to know it's being used as a relay by the Tor network, as I've a lot of bandwidth to donate). It there a way?

2) More of a Tor question, than a gargoyle one, but.....how can one 'name' the relay, so I can see if it's up and running as part of the Tor network?

great work, loving Gargoyle!

thanks

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Tor relay bandwidth

Post by Eric »

(1) You can see the average bandwidth per second being used on the list of tor relays here: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ However, to identify your relay on that list make sure you give it a unique nickname.

(2) Fill in the "Node Nickname (optional): " on the relay configuration page and hit save. Wait 6-12 hours, and that nickname should show up on the list of Tor relays here: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/

I am actually curious (1) What model router are you using, (2) how much bandwidth you have to donate and (3) whether you can push Gargoyle to the limit, see how much bandwidth a typical consumer router is capable of moving over Tor. My own connection is slow enough that I can't max it out, but if you have a fast one, I'd love to know what happens when you really set the relay to use a lot of bandwidth and have a fast connection.

Please update me on your progress getting your relay running -- I'm actually very interested in your results!

Dev_BR

Re: Tor relay bandwidth

Post by Dev_BR »

I will soon instal gargoyle in WDR3600 (CPU/Speed 560 MHz, Flash size: 8192 KiB RAM: 128 MiB). I think Its enouth to rum TOR.
My internet is 35MB down and 3MB Up.

I am curious to setup that client/host and get stats.