OpenVPN

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sl6xx

OpenVPN

Post by sl6xx »

Just want to know if there's anyone installing OpenVPN successfully. I have some site-to-site linking together successfully with OpenWrt backfire plus OpenVPN, using certificates. They have been working for almost one year. Now that some users need traffic control that I am trying Gargoyle instead of rolling my own tc rules, which I believe could be prone to errors.

All of my routers are Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. I then added one more test site by using Gargoyle router and all OpenVPN config files on it. But I just cannot link the new test site. According to the log file, it seems that OpenVPN established connection succeesfully. But I cannot pass thru the tunnel. I can't even ping the tun interface on the opposite site. I then re-flashed the router with OpenWrt backfire. By using the same configuration, the router was working perfectly.

I'd appreciate if any one can confirm that OpenVPN works on Gargoyles. Almost all of the search results in this forum are pointing to OpenWrt documents. Thanks in advance.

sl6xx

Re: OpenVPN

Post by sl6xx »

Today I've done one a simple test, a simplest one. I set up one Openwrt router and one Gargoyle router. I then tried to established a point to point network.

On one router as server I issued the following command:
openvpn --ifconfig 10.200.0.1 10.200.0.2 --dev tun
On the client router, I issued the following command:
openvpn --ifconfig 10.200.0.2 10.200.0.1 --dev tun --remote ip.of.router.one

But I cannot ping the other end from one end. I am sure the same setup will work between two OpenWrt routers. Maybe the difference of OpenWrt and Gargoyle is bigger than we may think.

Will keep you posted if I have any further info.