Saving Quotas

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lucky75

Saving Quotas

Post by Lucky75 »

I'm having some issues with quotas. I had a few set up for different IPs to reset every month, and now I added another. When I did that, it automatically goes to 100% even if I set like 500 gigs up/down, saving, and then refreshing the page.

When I then go to edit again, it says the correct limit for "Upload", and "unlimited" for download.

So I then decided to just uncheck the box, but unchecking didn't seem to do anything at all, even after saving and reloading the page.

Not too sure what to do aside from removing the quota :)

Edit: Oh, and when one adds a new quota, the numbers in the table reset to N/A until refreshing the page :)

Edit#2: I was able to finally get it in this time by making a limit large (100gigs) when initially adding it into the table and then dropping it back down to 5/15 with the edit. It seemed that the 100% & unlimited edit issues happen only when the quota is initially set to a smaller size? Potentially to less than the current bandwidth usage? It's showing 0% now for the added IP, though I'm sure that they had used a bunch of bandwidth already.

How does it work with adding a user anyways? Does it always just start from 0 and then count from there? Or does it keep track of IP bandwidth before then (doubt it). What about when it resets? If I have it to reset monthly, does that mean that it's 1 month (31 days) from when it was last reset? Or would all of the IP's reset at the same time, even if they were entered on different days?

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Saving Quotas

Post by Eric »

I found (and fixed, though only in the svn, new firmware has not been uploaded yet) an issue that could possibly be causing the problem you observe. Right now if you delete a quota the old data isn't getting cleared out, so if you had an old quota for that IP, deleted it and added one with a smaller limit it might immediately max out like you describe.

When you experienced the problem, did you set a quota for an IP that previously had a quota, but that you had removed?

Lucky75

Re: Saving Quotas

Post by Lucky75 »

It was a new IP, though maybe I originally added something as a mistake and then edited the quota after? I can't remember. Sorry :(