Option to stay logged into the web interface?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Applier

Option to stay logged into the web interface?

Post by Applier »

Hi,

Apologies if this is something that has been discussed before, but I've googled a lot and couldn't come up with anything. My question is simple, is it possible to stay logged into Gargoyle's web interface, so I don't have to login everytime I want to view the bandwidth charts?

Thank you for the great work you've done with Gargoyle!

oliver

Re: Option to stay logged into the web interface?

Post by oliver »

If you really don't want to log in you could always disable the password protection.

It does say 'not recommended' but then again, it's an available option.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You could also modify the firmware to disable login checks on specific pages.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Applier

Post by Applier »

oliver wrote:If you really don't want to log in you could always disable the password protection.

It does say 'not recommended' but then again, it's an available option.
Thank you for the suggestion, but that seems a little overkill lol. Don't want everyone messing with the settings.
Lantis wrote:You could also modify the firmware to disable login checks on specific pages.
I see. I was afraid this wasn't going to be very simple. Thank you

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

I think increasing "Web Login Session Length" to 24 hours in System/Router Access gets you more or less to what you want, doesn't it? You'll certainly be logging in a lot less.

I'm not sure what file that setting modifies, but it's possible that you can manually edit it to increase it even more (the UI caps at 24 hours).

Applier

Post by Applier »

rseiler wrote:I think increasing "Web Login Session Length" to 24 hours in System/Router Access gets you more or less to what you want, doesn't it? You'll certainly be logging in a lot less.

I'm not sure what file that setting modifies, but it's possible that you can manually edit it to increase it even more (the UI caps at 24 hours).
Thank you! That helps a lot! I totally forgot about that setting! I SSH'd into the router, /etc/config/gargoyle and increased the timeout to 999999, so about 11 days. Let's see if it sticks.