Version 1.3.7

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

gogubeb

Re: Version 1.3.7

Post by gogubeb »

Hi Eric,

You said here: "This will be somewhat slower on Gargoyle because of the bandwidth monitoring feature, which slows down this connection slightly. However, for most people, the speeds that are possible are well above the bandwidth capacity of their ISP, so I haven't spent too much time optimizing this."
Could you optimize to obtain almost the luci or dd-wrt connection speed?
I really like your web interface.
Thanks.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Eric: confirmed: https now working, thanks.

rbej

Post by rbej »

Hi.

I have TP-Link 1043 and Internet 120Mbit/sec.

On Gargoyle 1.3.7 my internet speed is 40-50Mbit/sec.

OpenWrt with LuCi (Cezary version) give me full speed (120Mbit).

Im switch off Qos and everything else and still is 40-50 Mbit/sec.

Why??

PS. Sorry for my english.

hipitihop

Re: Version 1.3.7 & remote web admin

Post by hipitihop »

I don't know if this existed in previous versions to 1.3.7, but despite disabling remote web admin, the http &/or https (if that is what is selected in web admin) are visible on the external interface.

This is quite a serious security concern as it obviously would not survive a simple brute force attack on the admin password

I'm running gargoyle on a Linksys WRT54GL, it was upgraded from 1.3.5 and a configuration backup restored, if that makes any difference.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Eric, next thing: kmod-uhci/kmod-ohci not required on most ar71xx platform. Only WNDR3700 needs kmod-usb-ohci.

Some depends in plugin usb_storage is now not necessary - like mount-utils (build-in busybox), dosfslabel etc - there is no gui to handle this. If someone needs this - sould install it.

Filesystem should by mounted with some default option - vfat with umask=0,dmask=0, extX with noatime - IMHO.

Would be nice if inotify/inotify_user was enabled by default in kernel. Its required by some option in transmission and minidlna.

alternative

Post by alternative »

Still problems with openvpn.-router reboot after openvpn-client is connected. :(
P.S.on backfire 10.3.1-rc3 openvpn work ok,but there are i have problems with firewall settings. :cry:

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

hipitihop: I'm having trouble replicating the error you report. I just did a clean install and tested that https and http are not active on the WAN interface unless I explicitly enable them. It seems to be working fine.

Cezary: The samba config now uses UTF-8. Looking into your other suggestions now.

vplessky

Post by vplessky »

Eric wrote: My plan is to release another bugfix release that includes these fixes in the near future.
Eric, can you also including Wireless Bandwidth Monitoring into upcoming release?
And more verbose information about WDS connection (with RSSI level, Link Up/Link Down) would be very helpful.

I uploaded yesterday pictures how this looks/works on 3Com AP7760
Have not used Cisco APs, but from the all other equipment I used/tested 3Com has (had...) very user-friendly status info, and setup was easy and straightforward.

Domino_55

Post by Domino_55 »

Hi Eric,

1., I have a TP-Link TL-WR741ND with the recent version of Gargoyle. It's configured as gateway, wireless client+ap mode with dynamic IP assignment from WAN. A couple hours of running the Bandwidth Usage and the B/W Distribution graphs additionally the Bandwidth Usage Table are disappear. After a router reboot, graphs and table are appear again properly for a couple hours.
Tested on the following browsers: FF 3.5.15 and IE 8

Please try to reproduce and solve this.

2., A little cosmetic: on the login page the login doesn't work with the pressing of the enter key on IE 8, but on FF it works.

3., The router's response more slower than the 1.3.5 but I think it's caused by the openwrt's ath9k patches and modifications.

Domino_55

Gingernut

Post by Gingernut »

Eric,

A suggestion for when configured as a Wireless Bridge/Repeater to have the wireless channel, instead of manual, automatically selected depending on the base ap's channel?

That way if you change the base ap's wireless channel at any point your Gargoyle router would also change to that channel automatically.

Would you also think about adding to the wireless config page a wireless n only mode and a secondary or extension channel selection option?

Thanks for all your hard work.