Almost working on FR-54RTR (DIR-600 A1 rebadge)

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

MOCKBA

Almost working on FR-54RTR (DIR-600 A1 rebadge)

Post by MOCKBA »

First I would like to thank whoever is responsible for making OpenWRT usable - seriously I couldn't figure out stock OpenWRT and with Gargoyle I actually got somewhere. Thanks!

I do have problems however. I am on $12 Fry's FR-54RTR (rebadge of DIR-600 A1) and anytime I set up AP I loose ethernet ports. Everything else appears to work (i.e. for wireless clients) just not ethernet ports.

My setup is "extender for the basement", i.e. ultimately I want WAN disabled, LAN to be in 192.168.10.x with router IP 192.168.10.2 (192.168.10.1 being my main gateway) and to run Wireless in AP mode. I have a wire to my main gateway that I intended to plug into one of 4 ethernet ports, but with ethernet ports not working for me this setup is impossible. So I tried connect to my gateway wirelessly and here is my second setup that didn't work out either: WAN - DHCP (wireless), LAN 192.168.100.x, Wireless Client+AP (tried just Client as well - same result). In both scenarios I loose ethernet ports just as soon as I configure AP from default configuration. What I mean by loosing ethernet is that on clients I see 169.254.19.98 IP and don't see them in list of connected hosts on Gargoyle. Once again wireless clients work like a charm (alas cannot route to my gateway in the first scenario)

I suspected that it is something simple like may be dhcp is not set up properly because of my .10.x and .100.x networks, but looking in /etc/config I cannot see anything out of ordinary. But then again I could never figure out stock OpenWRT and that is why I like Gargoyle so much.

Any ideas what might be wrong?