WPA PSK Password Change

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Patacakes

WPA PSK Password Change

Post by Patacakes »

Hiya,
I'm sorry if this has been checked and fixed. I tried searching for my router here "TL-WR1043ND" and "WPA PSK Password" but did not find my issue.

whats been happening is, any time I change a setting, and press the Save button at the end of the page. The Capital Letters in my Wifi Password change to lower case.

I have to make all the usual changes (if I'm editing or adding an I.P address into a Quota for example) I need to then go to Wifi security and change the password back to the correct password. or it defaults to lower case.

The password is still the correct password, just the uppercase letters change.

anyone wonder why this is happening?

Running 1.8.1 from here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7176#p34379

Should i Reinstall the normal 1.8.1 over this one? to see if the problem continues?

Lantis

Re: WPA PSK Password Change

Post by Lantis »

There is no function that does that as far as I'm aware. Have you tried a different browser?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

tapper

Post by tapper »

You could try updating to 1.9 to see if the html 5 rewrite of the webpages changes anything. You can not save settings going from 1.8.1 to 1.9
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Patacakes

Post by Patacakes »

Figured it out.

Chrome browser was using the Admin password to the router (which i had as the same as the wifi, but in lower case)

and auto changing it on me each time i pressed saved. for some reason regardless of what page i was on.

I changed the password to something completely different and told Chrone to not remember the password for this site. and thats seemed to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the answers guys.