"Remote Web Admin Access" setting not saved.

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

tommy

"Remote Web Admin Access" setting not saved.

Post by tommy »

When I choose the "HTTPS & HTTP" setting in "System" - "Router Access" - "Remote Web Admin Access", and click "Save Changes", the router thinks for a while and then ignores my change.

I use a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 router and the gargoyle_1.0.0_beta4-wrt54g-squashfs.bin flash file.

I noticed that if I keep hitting the browsers refresh button on a client that is accessing the router from the internet, the setting gets set for a second or two. Then it reverts to its default setting, breaking the possibility to connect from the internet.

I haven't changed anything besides some basic stuff from the gui. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

EDIT: I changed what router I'm using. I mistakingly wrote that it was a "Netgear WRT54GL" and they don't exist :/.

tommy

Re: "Remote Web Admin Access" setting not saved.

Post by tommy »

I found another bug:

I had the NTP settings correctly configured and it worked as it should. Then I issued the command "reboot" from an ssh session and when the router restarted, it forgot what time and date it was.

Moreover, I tried to fix it by changing from "custom" to "europe". But it no longer updates even though I chose to update once an hour and several hours has past.

The port forwarding settings get saved in the gui, but the router ignores to forward the ports.

Is it just me or do more people experience the same bugs? How do I solve them?

EDIT:

What was the original NTP settings? They are lost now since I tried to choose "europe" for a while.

hotzenpl0tz

Post by hotzenpl0tz »

First of all I would try a clean install of the latest bleeding edge firmware, not the last beta. There were alot of issues fixed since then. All the things that you mentioned work here on my 54gl with one of the later firmwares - so maybe an update will solve your troubles. Btw: I would try a clean install without backing up and restoring your settings - I have had some troubles in the past with restoring old settings with a newer beta - that might have been resolved, but I would go on the safe side :)

tommy

Post by tommy »

hotzenpl0tz wrote:First of all I would try a clean install of the latest bleeding edge firmware, not the last beta. There were alot of issues fixed since then. All the things that you mentioned work here on my 54gl with one of the later firmwares - so maybe an update will solve your troubles. Btw: I would try a clean install without backing up and restoring your settings - I have had some troubles in the past with restoring old settings with a newer beta - that might have been resolved, but I would go on the safe side :)
I'll try your advice. If you don't hear from me it means I've bricked my router ;). *crosses fingers*.

EDIT:

I installed gargoyle_bleeding_edge-brcm.trx with md5: e58d5ba2375f5748beec27830ac038e3.

It didn't brick. And now all three bugs are gone. However, when I enable the access point, the router becomes sluggish to the point of barely usable. It freezes for ~30-60 secs, then it starts working again for ~30-60 secs, then freezes for ~30-60 secs and so on. Is it doing the same for you?

EDIT2:

Never mind. I had a laptop that was configured to use the same ip address as my stationary computer. It was just an ip conflict. My bad. Now everything works as intended. Thanks for making this cool software!