Help in setting up QOS!!

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

greyfreak19

Help in setting up QOS!!

Post by greyfreak19 »

Okay i am fairly new to gargoyle and want to set up qos its a simple scenario so please help me out here and point out my mistakes

My Router:TP-Link TL-WR841N V9.0
Firmware Ver: 1.9.0
Internet Speed: 4 Down /1 UP

4 Devices total 1 Wired 3 wireless

1:PC Wired
2:PC Wireless (i want to give this pc priority for games)
3:Andriod Phone Wireless
4:Andriod Tab Wireless

I want min lag when playing my csgo and thats it nthin else i need from qos.
My csgo uses clienport 27006
it need approx 256kbits upload and near 512 kbits down
i want to give it 256kbits upload min and 1024kbits down min as it does reach this number rarely.now i have set up qos with 2 classes and 1 rule for both qos upload and download i have enabled ACC

please help me what should i change is everything set up right is my min bandwith working for csgo class it would be much appreatiated thanks

Screenshots below

http://imgur.com/a/qLLs3
Last edited by greyfreak19 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nworbnhoj

Re: Help in setting up QOS!!

Post by nworbnhoj »

Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

greyfreak19

Post by greyfreak19 »

Well i read it and it tells you basic rules and classes configuration what i think my problm is that how do i set the min bandwith i want for my games class what should i use percentage bandwith or min bandwith or both for it to work as for ACC i changed my ping target and its working flawless now

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

There is also an extensive discussion in the forum
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =12&t=7635
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

encro

Post by encro »

My suggestion is to do the Bufferbloat stuff for your connection to always be responsive under load.

3 QoS Channels Up (1 x Bufferbloat, 1 x PC, 1 x Other Devices)
Default to: Other Devices

3 QoS Channels Down (Same 3 again.)
Default to: Other Devices
Disable ACC

Rather than Reserving Bandwidth for the PC I have found that
applying similar rules to Sound Design works better. Cut the Other Devices using Max Bandwidth instead of Boosting the PC Rule. It does take out some of the magic of Gargoyle's QoS handling out but it works well for me with Battlefield after trying different many different QoS setups.

Also test speeds with Speedtest.net to ensure your Up and Down Speeds allocated are correct. Subtract 5% for the Upload value (I ended up subtracting 15% which seems rock solid now) These are crucial for QoS to work.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410

greyfreak19

Post by greyfreak19 »

Well i kinda get what your saying but i have some questions and it would be great to see you qos up and download page screenshots to help m set up qos and not make any mistakes

SO

Q1: I create 3 classes 1 for bufferbloat 1 for my pc 1 for all the other devices Right?so after that i use my pc class to classify my pc ip,set the other devices class as default for everyone else but what do i do with the bufferblaot class?

Q2: what Min Percetage should i set eah class to?does it matter at all?

Q3: Disable ACC Why i thought it was a main feature for gargoyle and so far what i read it reduces bufferbloat?

Q4: Also what would happen if i would just set a min bandwith for my pc instead because i have total 3 devices 4 atmost and my brother uses the internet at night i want him to take the bandwith at night when im not using it and i get my necessary bandwith when i need it is there a massive diffrence if i do it like this compared to yours

those are some of the questions i had TY for your help i wasn't online as my exams are coming up and i had to study i have little time so i cant experiment on my own much and i want to just play what freetime without having to worry about lag for the next month or so

Also my line is 4mbits down/ 1 mbits up if you need to knw that for somereason