Quota Bug - Cant delete or create new

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

rohan

Re: Quota Bug - Cant delete or create new

Post by rohan »

I went straight from the default Linksys firmware to Gargoyle v 1.3.4

junc

Post by junc »

Hi, same thing happened to me here i've got a problem with Linksys WRT54GL v.1.1 Gargoyle Firmware v1.3.4 cant delete, change & save. I tried the all the browsers but still i had no joy and its back where it was...i reckoned there's somethin' wrong in there that we dont know yet and hope this could be fixed and prioritized to solved this problem would be great appreciated.

Cheers

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I'm not at all certain why this is suddenly happening with 1.3.4. I notice these are all broadcom routers (e.g. WRT54-TM or WRT54GL or ASUS WL500GP), and I wonder if there's some oddity with backfire and the flash chip in these routers. I've tried on some of my test routers, and it works, but enough people are complaining here that I think there's likely a real problem.

Based on the symptoms it sounds like reading and particularly writing to the flash chip isn't working properly.

In the latest code in the source repository I've bumped the underlying version of OpenWrt to 10.03.1 rc3, which is the latest available. I'm hoping there's an update in this latest version of OpenWrt that may address this problem. I'll make a release sometime in the next couple of days and hope that this fixes this problem, since I'm a bit puzzled as to what exactly is causing this.

ghostknife

Post by ghostknife »

Just to report I have similar problem on an Asus 520gu, upgraded to 1.3.5 (from 1.2.3), I could add quotas but I couldn't add shaping, kept trying various options, apply/save and it wouldn't stay. I reset to default, reflashed and reset again and still same.

Also, not sure if it's relevant but the router crashed/locked on the first upgrade (from gui) and had to use Asus restore (tftp) to get it back. The interface was extremely slow and non responsive, something going on with broadcom based on this version for sure. Back to 1.2.5 and all was fine, no quota shaping though.

Thanks Eric for your time and this firmware!