Version 1.3.4: Quotas with Shaping

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.3.4: Quotas with Shaping

Post by Eric »

As of version version 1.3.4, Gargoyle now supports Quotas that will throttle bandwidth when exceeded instead of cutting off all network access. This has been the #1 requested feature for some time, and I'm pleased to say that this is now (finally) implemented:

While you do not need to use/configure QoS in order to use this feature, you will see different behavior based on whether QoS is or is not active. If QoS is active, you can set the service class a host will use when the quota is exceeded. If QoS is not active, you can merely set the up/down speed to throttle the host down to when the Quota is exceeded (as shown above).

New in 1.3.4:
  • Implements Quotas that shape traffic when reached
  • IMQ modified to hook into INPUT and FORWARD instead of PREROUTING chain, allows post-NAT ingress QoS rules before traffic goes through IMQ
  • Fixes enabling/disabling of UPnP
  • Fixes timezone display when timezone is a plain UTC offset
  • Fixes backwards IPs in web monitor on atheros and alix devices
  • Fixes DHCP off-by-one error
  • Fixes setting of ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream key

AF35

Re: Version 1.3.4: Quotas with Shaping

Post by AF35 »

hooray! hooray! hooray! :mrgreen:

now all i need is for openwrt to support asus rt-n16 :D

santicaterpilar

Post by santicaterpilar »

Hi,
this version not work in my router eoc 2610 atheros device but 1.3.3 firmware work well but with bugs.. (the 1.3.4 respond ping in ip 192.168.1.1 not charg in browser :?: ) the last openWRT firmware working well... excus me, my english I speak español thnks

Gargoyle87

Post by Gargoyle87 »

A very nice feature!

bplotkin

Post by bplotkin »

This is a great feature!

how is the stability so far?
if it's decent enough I will try it comes end of month :)
Linksys WRT54GL = Gargoyle 1.4.2
TP-Link TL-WR741ND = Gargoyle 1.4.2
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.4.2
http://eduboris.blogspot.com/search/label/Gargoyle

ruriruri

Post by ruriruri »

Hooray!!! I am going to try it straight away. Can I backup the settings and restore into this new update? Or a clean update is advivsed?

ruriruri

Post by ruriruri »

Hi Eric, I have done the update. I don't know if my update failed. Because I do not have the same throttle bandwidth control like your screenshot. My throttle control is through the QoS Class, unlike your is set a certain bandwidth.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ruriruri: This is probably because you have activated (full) QoS (in the Qos Upload/Download sections). From above:
If QoS is active, you can set the service class a host will use when the quota is exceeded. If QoS is not active, you can merely set the up/down speed to throttle the host down to when the Quota is exceeded (as shown above).

hipitihop

Post by hipitihop »

Great work thanks.

Can you please confirm it is ok to backup my config in 1.3.3 and then restore it after I update to 1.3.4 ?

vinikon

Post by vinikon »

Hello all,

I think there's something with this version.

After updating int router stopped to work in its usual way. When I opened it using Firefox - there was a message "ERROR: no gargoyle package defined!" ; I managed to "debrick" router only by using DD-WRt tutorial.

Finally after flashing with new version I saw that its rebooting time became much more long than in older versions.

There's a problem with DHCP - it looses every time all StaticIP entries with all mac adresses etc.

It doesn't recognize its back-ups made previously. It says something like "this is not a valid restore file".;

Also when I try to enable web administration interface&choose my own port(not 994); The system refuse to take this option and after reboot gives again "Disabled" in web administration option.

Thanks for checking this. Hope this is something easy to fix. If not, please tell me to downgrade...

Regards,