TL-WR1043ND V2.1 install 1.8.0

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: TL-WR1043ND V2.1 install 1.8.0

Post by Lantis »

jeremycobert wrote:the first thing I noticed was after a reboot, the page just sits in the reboot process even after the router re connects to wi-fi. I have to manually go back to the page 192.168.1.1.
The page has a timer in it to auto refresh. This is the best we can do as we can't really detect when it has rebooted easily.
Without the code in front of me i believe it tries after 2 minutes, and if not it definitely does it after 10 minutes.
jeremycobert wrote:Also, occasionally the bandwidth graphs will stop displaying on any browser and only fixable with a reboot. this has happened two times and both times the wireless connections also get wonky.
Sounds like the firewall went down/crashed. A firewall restart tends to bring back those graphs.
jeremycobert wrote:I am thinking about installing the firmware again, this time using the normal sysupgrade.bin now that I have it up from factory. Can I drop back to 1.7 ? or should i just reinstall 1.8 ?
Sure, in general i wouldn't preserve settings when you downgrade. from 1.8 to 1.7.2 it shouldn't be a problem.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jeremycobert

Post by jeremycobert »

reinstalled 1.8 and let it sit for about 30 minutes, the page never recovers back to home. It's no big deal unless someone is unfamiliar with these load times. I just put a constant ping on it and watched for it to come back up.

Anyway, 1.8 is still buggy with the issues I discussed. I wound up reverting to 1.6. I will set it up again, its not a big deal.

Is there any way to do a 30/30/30 reset like on the old tomato or ddwrt firmwares, that reset would usually clear out any issues related to firmware.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

the 30/30/30 equivalent for openwrt is a "firstboot".
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jeremycobert

Post by jeremycobert »

can someone see if they can replicate this.

I setup my QOS rules in firefox and saved a back up on a windows box.

Now, I opened up Chrome and added a rule and hit save. when I hit save in chrome it almost instantly complete, there is no spinning logo for it taking time. At this point I hit refresh and most of my qos rules are now gone. if i do it again, it removes even more.

All of the classes stay, just the rules get removed. If i go back to firefox, I see that the rules are indeed gone.

thankfully I had the session open on a firefox session on my laptop, i was then able to save it there and it placed them back.

I tried Chrome in incognito mode, the only thing I can think of is perhaps an extension is messing with the xml file or maybe chrome is. If i setup everything up in firefox, it all works. for some reason chrome is destroying my router settings when I hit the save button.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

jeremycobert wrote:can someone see if they can replicate this.
This is a know issue. Gargoyle does weird things when you are editing config with multiple browser windows/tabs open concurrently.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

DrJase

Post by DrJase »

Hi all!

Well I reflashed my router and reinstalled all the plugins I wanted an all seemed fine - setting retained - YAY!

Except for one......

I want to be able to receive email notifications. All the email settings work but the Time Settings do not.

I change the Timer Period, save settings, leave the page, go back and the Timer Settings are back to being disabled ie the default.

HELP!!!!!
:cry:

Oh, and neither does the Recently Visited Sites check box remain checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!