Successful but reboot isn't OK

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

kaoul

Successful but reboot isn't OK

Post by kaoul »

I need to redboot + fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7 + exec each time.

Hello,

Thank you a LOT for this software. I was trying to do a repeater with my fonera 2202 and it worked approximately with a console OpenWrt. But after some modifications, everything was broken. I spend 10hours to get a working firmware on this *** fonera. Next I found your one !

1) It is loaded and installed fine : no other worked like this before
2) Your frontend is the most beautiful (I mean, carefully thought-out) I've ever seen. Repeater is here ! In frontend and seems so simple.

But I have a problem, since a modification is made in configuration, it seems that the router is rebooting and OpenWrt is lost. I need to redboot and do
fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7
exec
...to be able to connect with the wifi.

PS : If I don't, I see the wifi, but I can't connect. And if I use a cable between LAN port and my computer, dhclient doesnt find any dhcp server. I don't understand really why, that's why I say 'maybe the router is rebooting bad".

In advance, thank you again.

DoesItMatter

Re: Successful but reboot isn't OK

Post by DoesItMatter »

Hmmm... I wasn't sure the Fon 2202 was supported yet.

Are you sure everything functions as expected?

The WAN/LAN ports work, wireless works, etc?

Might want to wait for the Backfire port coming soon.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

kaoul

Post by kaoul »

Thanks for your answer. In fact, boot works. As I had an electricity breack down and wifi & forwarding came back right after.

But repeater mode didn't worked, so I came back to an AP wich WAN is a wifi client of the second AP. So I have a "nat repeater".

It works fine for now, I'm pleased that it works (better than an old openwrt that I had before) and don't want to touch it anymore (I'm a dev and not admin :lol: )

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

By any chance are you using WPA PSK or WPA PSK2 encryption?

I've been testing arpnat on backfire, and I think I've come across an issue that pops up (on both backfire and kamikaze) when using arpnat with madwifi and WPA encryption. For some very strange reason I haven't identified yet, ARP requests from the AP->client aren't going through in this mode, even though they go through just fine when using WEP or encryption is disabled. I think it's a bug in madwifi.