Gargoyle is moving

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Gargoyle is moving

Post by Eric »

I'm migrating the Gargoyle website from the current shared hosting plan at PairLite to a Linode VPS. This is because I'm currently out of disk space, and I can get eight times the disk space and four times the bandwidth for only twice the price of my current plan.

Because of this switch, the forums will be locked for the next few days. You can browse old posts, but no new posts will be allowed for a few days. This is because while the DNS change propagates, some people will be viewing the new forum and some people the old one. To make sure things stay consistent, no new posts will be allowed while things switch over.

Also, the contact form and email may not work properly for a few days. If you really need to get in touch please use my gmail address: (ericpaulbishop@gmail.com). The store should continue to work properly since the transactions are handled by paypal, which is not on this site.

While the main website will continue look exactly as it does now, another change is that the old Assembla SVN / Trac is now deprecated. The code repository is being migrated from SVN to Git, and will be browsable using the Redmine issue tracker. The move to a VPS means that I can self-host the main repository (the git URLs to clone/pull from will be updated on the download page shortly). I've also uploaded a Git mirror to Github, which is now available at github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargoyle. Since Github has support for checking out a git repository using Subversion, any die-hard SVN fans can use that to get the code.