Web Monitor Preferences Bug

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gargoyle87

Web Monitor Preferences Bug

Post by Gargoyle87 »

I am facing a problem with the "Web Monitor Preferences" page, and I think that it is caused by a bug.

My router is a WRT54GL (4 MB Flash , 16 MB RAM), and I am using the last version of Gargoyle (Version 1.2.3).

When I enable the web usage monitor, the visited websites start to appear in the "Recent Web Usage" list.

I can clear the "Recent Web Usage" list easily with no problems when it is small (consisting of few number of websites), but when the the list is big (consisting of hundreds of websites), then clearing the list will cause the page to freeze (yes the list disappears as it should be, but no more new websites will appear). Refreshing will not solve the problem, the only way to reactivate the "Recent Web Usage" list is rebooting.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Web Monitor Preferences Bug

Post by Eric »

Thanks for reporting this -- actually the second report I've gotten on this bug. I do intend to work on this but....

The reason I haven't acted on this sooner is that I'm currently working to move Gargoyle to the new Backfire release. The reason Backfire porting currently has priority is that I don't want to have to redo work. Since moving to Backfire is inevitable it's better to do it now, before I spend more time implementing/fixing something else in a way that is Backfire incompatible, and thus wasting time.