Kamakazi 8.09 and Gargoyle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

baldrickturnip

Kamakazi 8.09 and Gargoyle

Post by baldrickturnip »

is there a release date for it ?

or is this it gb4.9-experimental-brcm.trx ?

will gargoyle be entered in the GUI competition ?

I saw mention of Gargoyle on the slashdot article and thought I would give it a try on a 54GL I have been flashing with various openwrt builds.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Kamakazi 8.09 and Gargoyle

Post by Eric »

The latest releases of Gargoyle (Beta 4 and the bleeding edge firmware) are already based on Kamikaze 8.09. I recommend installing the bleeding edge firmware over Beta 4, as a significant number of bugs have been fixed since then.

I haven't decided whether I will try to enter Gargoyle or not. The list of required features is incredibly extensive, and implementing all of them -- especially implementing all of them properly would be a monumental task. No existing interface (X-Wrt, LuCI, Gargoyle) even comes close to what they're asking for. I'm pretty sure even DD-WRT, which has a non-GPL GUI doesn't have it all.

So... my suspicion is no entry is going to have everything. As huge as the reward is, they're demanding the moon. I may prepare an entry, which is somewhat incomplete, and see what happens.