The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.2.3

Post by Eric »

New in 1.2.3:
  • Fixes problems with QoS when using PPPoE
  • Fixes bug causing router password to be set improperly when it contains '$' or quote characters
Some of you may also be interested to know that I have started working to port Gargoyle to the recent OpenWrt Backfire release (10.03). It's hard to say when this will be ready for testing, so I've been giving rather conservative estimates. I wanted to let people know that I'm actively working on this, since several people have asked me about it.

Maniac

Re: Version 1.2.3

Post by Maniac »

Great, thanks!

analogue

Post by analogue »

Upgraded thanks !

I had a problem though but I got through it:
- I backed up my 1.1.X configuration (don't remember which one, but kinda old)
- Upgraded to 1.2.3 OK
- Restored my conf: No more CSS in the web interface, unclickable buttons, rebooted: it was bricked.
- Got 1.2.3 back via TFTP and spent 20 minutes setting up my conf back in the web interface by looking at each file in ma backup.tar

Don't know why it crashed.

analogue

Post by analogue »

My problem might be that my browser ungzipped the backup.tar.gz downloaded and I uploaded it back ungzipped.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Yeah, if it was unzipping it, that would definitely cause the problems you describe. All the old configurations would get deleted, and then the new configurations wouldn't get unzipped/untarred properly and you'd be left with no config files.

analogue

Post by analogue »

I tried upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 on another of the routers I'm in charge of with the usual backup/restore method and there was no problem using Firefox.

Be careful when upgrading with Safari as it unzips everything without you knowing it :evil:

SmileyBlues

Post by SmileyBlues »

yeah the same thing just happened to me using safari im happy i know what the problem was now though thanks :)