Is Gargoyle a reduced feature-set version of OpenWRT?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

shovon

Is Gargoyle a reduced feature-set version of OpenWRT?

Post by shovon »

Hi! I've installed Gargoyle in my D-link DIR-615 v.E4. It's very nice and useful indeed. But I'd like to know, is Gargoyle a reduced feature set version of OpenWRT? Or it is just a modified GUI? Are all other features of OpenWRT still under the hood in Gargoyle? Can I get every other general feature-set by login over ssh to Gargoyle? Thanks in advance. Also I'd like to thank you guys who made this thing and distributed for free.

ispyisail

Re: Is Gargoyle a reduced feature-set version of OpenWRT?

Post by ispyisail »

modified GUI

shovon

Post by shovon »

Thanks for your reply. Can I still use all other functions using command line tools which are not included in graphical interface?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

most times, yes

moeburn

Post by moeburn »

shovon wrote:Thanks for your reply. Can I still use all other functions using command line tools which are not included in graphical interface?
I'm pretty sure that if there's a feature that OpenWRT supports that Gargoyle removed, that you want, you can install it with the opkg/gpkg system.

But I think it's just the Web UI that has the reduced feature set, and you can still do so much with it, that it hurts to call it 'reduced' :P - But yeah, anything that OpenWRT's web ui offers that Gargoyle's web ui doesn't, you can get from the command line.