Can I just say how much I love your QoS?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

moeburn

Can I just say how much I love your QoS?

Post by moeburn »

I share an internet connection with other people. I tend to download and seed a lot of torrents, at high bandwidth. They tend to stream netflix movies and use skype in HD, also at high bandwidth. It was irritating for them to have to ask me to pause my torrent box every time they wanted to use either of those HD video services.

We're on a nice WNDR3700v2. It was so fancy, it actually had QoS built into the firmware! Unfortunately, it didn't work very well, if at all. Like many, it could only limit upload, but it didn't even do that very well, intermittently allowing the full upload bandwidth through to the low priority computer, or having to be rebooted to get it working again.

So I tried DD-WRT. I couldn't get its QoS to work at all. Period. And neither could their forum support crew.

So I tried Gargoyle. I was astonished to find it could limit download speed too! And it automatically set my maximum bandwidth speeds for me based on the ping to my PPPoE gateway! Neato! So I set a "source ip:" for upload, and "destination ip" for download, for my PC to slow priority, and their PCs to fast, and I ran a speedof.me test on both computers at the same time.

To my astonishment, 8% of my DSL connection's maximum download went to my pc, and 92% to their pc. 3% of the upload went to my pc, and 97% to their pc. And looking at the graphs that the speedof.me tests provide, the limits were applied almost instantly, and maintained throughout each test. And I can tweak those percents too!

Thank you for your awesome QoS!

chickennuggets8

Re: Can I just say how much I love your QoS?

Post by chickennuggets8 »

I'll also chime in with a huge thanks to the Gargolyle team and Pbix specifically for his excellent QoS implementation. Gaming, VoiP, downloading, and video streaming all work perfectly together thanks to the awesome QoS.

anxname

Re: Can I just say how much I love your QoS?

Post by anxname »

doomguy2358753 wrote:I'll also chime in with a huge thanks to the Gargolyle team and Pbix specifically for his excellent QoS implementation. Gaming, VoiP, downloading, and video streaming all work perfectly together thanks to the awesome QoS.

Could you please tell me what for router you used to get this work so perfect? Beacause i have tried gargoyle on my wr1043nd v1.2 it worked good, but the QoS didn't worked on this router.

So could you please tell me on which router you used to get QoS working?