[C] THE DNS UPDATER + CYASSL ?

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

fra&co

[C] THE DNS UPDATER + CYASSL ?

Post by fra&co »

I found out this really powerful stuff on svn trunk the only I found supporting entirely https client dns update

I gave a read to block sources and I looked that libraries used for encryption are matrixssl

Is it possible to create a dns update version using cyassl in place of matrixssl ?

cyassl are newer and better supported than matrixssl which is mainly a commercial non-free product and gpl-source code is something you have to see on rainy days :mrgreen:
Moreover cyassl give a better encryption support method expecially with 3des chipers

Eric
Site Admin

Re: [C] THE DNS UPDATER + CYASSL ?

Post by Eric »

It already uses cyassl, as of version 1.0.3.

See the release notes for 1.0.3 here.

I just keep matrixssl in the archive to support the old wget linkage to matrixssl I implemented a while ago. (which gargoyle doesn't use and has therefore not been updated to cyassl linkage).

The main motivation for switching had less to do with licensing issues (it IS released under the GPL, and I keep the code in the repository so it can't be pulled out from under me), than the fact every other statement was a goto. Maintenance was a nightmare. I found a memory leak with valgrind, and figuring out how to fix it in the older version of matrixssl I was using or upgrading to a newer matrixssl looked harder than just switching to cyassl... so I switched it over. No more memory leak.

fra&co

Re: [C] THE DNS UPDATER + CYASSL ?

Post by fra&co »

very very good
so i have to search better on latest trunk: thank you very much