Help on compiling...

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

michelinok

Help on compiling...

Post by michelinok »

Hi there! :D
Since no atheros/jffs exists out there, i wanna compile my own image for my LaFonera.
I've downloaded the trunk via svn, but i cannot find a way to do some sort of make menuconfig or make kernelconfig...
Which are the steps to perform a custom customization of with packages to include/exclude,etc... :?:

What I REALLY need is an OpenWRT system with jffs total support and a client-bridge function (of course...and have all the customizations of OpenWRT).
Of course Gargoyle-Router interface is very great, that's why i'm moving (again) to gargoyle-router.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Help on compiling...

Post by Eric »

1) Download the source on a linux box with a network connection, where you can compile it. I recommend you checkout one of the "tags" instead of the trunk, as I'm in the middle of some modifications and you probably don't want those latest changes, which aren't finished. So, to checkout the latest 1.1.2 release, do this:

Code: Select all

svn checkout https://svn.assembla.com/svn/gargoyle-router/tags/1.1.2
Then run:

Code: Select all

make custom
It will download the openwrt source and packages (wait a couple minutes). Then menuconfig will pop up so you can configure your system. When done, the firmware will be built (wait 30min-1hr, longer if you have an older processor or slow connection). The firmware images will be in the images/custom subdirectory. Packages will be in the built/custom subdirectory. The openwrt build environment, that was configured by the Gargoyle scripts, and where the firmware was actually built, will be in the custom-src subdirectory.

michelinok

Post by michelinok »

Great!
I was missing the "make custom" (didn't find that parameter in the documentation ;) ).

Just a quick question....is there a way to install all the addictional packages of the openwrt trunk? (didn't remember atm, but something inside the /script folder maybe...)

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

When you do make custom it already downloads all the optional packages in the packages_809 branch. If you want to change this to the trunk you have to edit full-build-809.sh (see lines 87-102)

michelinok

Post by michelinok »

Eric wrote:When you do make custom it already downloads all the optional packages in the packages_809 branch. If you want to change this to the trunk you have to edit full-build-809.sh (see lines 87-102)
Thank you very much, i'm flashing LaFonera right now ;)
I'll let you know if it works ok with the new filesystem :mrgreen:

michelinok

Post by michelinok »

----

Please delete this post :lol: