ACC non-standard ping target

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ferrazrafael

ACC non-standard ping target

Post by ferrazrafael »

In which cases I need to set a non-standard ip for ACC? In my network configuration I have a adsl modem connected via PPPoE sharing the connection with my gargoyle router. Leaving ACC ip standard seems that the ping is measured between my router and my modem, giving 0 ms or 1 ms.

Changing it to my ISP gateway I get aroung 50 ms. I need to use the ISP gateway or leave the default ip?

jorgemiguel4

Re: ACC non-standard ping target

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

You need to set your default gateway.

;)

ferrazrafael

Post by ferrazrafael »

that is my adsl modem ip or my isp gateway ip?

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

When using PPPoE modems I recommend that you configure your modem in bridge mode and then enter your PPPoE credential into your Gargoyle router. In this mode Gargoyle keeps better track of your bandwidth, is easier to configure port forwards for and will automatically use your ISPs gateway for the ACC.

If you do not configure your modem is bridge mode you must enter your ISPs gateway manually.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

ferrazrafael

Post by ferrazrafael »

Thank you. I normally don't set my modem as bridge because I lost connection details, like current up/down speeds. SNR and CRC error count. This helps to see if my adsl connection is bad or my router is the problem and I need to reboot.

I'm using gargoyle only for 2 days, maybe if him I dont need to reboot so often. And I will use PPPoE inside gargoyle. So far its seems handling better than the stock firmware.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

You can still see your modem details when using Gargoyle.

This subject discussed many times in the forum and documented in the Wiki.

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... &s[]=modem
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM