ERROR: Client ID does not exist (OpenVPN)

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

thormolecules

ERROR: Client ID does not exist (OpenVPN)

Post by thormolecules »

Hello all,

I just recently installed 1.5.6 on my router (can't use 1.5.9 due to driver issues). I enabled the OpenVPN server via the GUI and the status says it's started (but not connected). The problem is I get an error every time I create a client and then click to download the client config files.

At first I thought it was maybe a browser issue so I downloaded Firefox and got the same error there. If it helps, the URL in the browser reads:

http://192.168.1.1/utility/openvpn_down ... id=client1

Clearly there's something I'm missing, but I have no idea what. I've tried removing clients, recreating them, and rebooting the router but it never progresses beyond this point.

Any ideas?

EDIT: As an aside, my browser hangs whenever I go to view the OpenVPN status.

This why I suspected that it may be a browser/OS issue. I'm using a Mac (10.8.3) and do not have Java installed. In case any of that matters.

ispyisail

Re: ERROR: Client ID does not exist (OpenVPN)

Post by ispyisail »

many VPN bugs were fixed after that version

I use 1.5.8 for stable VPN (I don't use wifi)

thormolecules

Re: ERROR: Client ID does not exist (OpenVPN)

Post by thormolecules »

I can't use any of the builds based on Attitude Adjustment because I get random reboots and WiFi issues. I did, however, downgrade to 1.5.5 and I can download the client files via the GUI just fine.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tut that explains how to get the config files working with iOS? I Googled around a bit and didn't find anything helpful. It looks like there's some kind of issue with how the iOS OpenVPN client handles certs. Apparently they have to be prepared in a special format (or something) to get it to work.