windows 7 odd ethernet issue

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

DoesItMatter

Re: windows 7 odd ethernet issue

Post by DoesItMatter »

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

You can try and check that out.

I know Vista and Win 7 have the same upgraded internet stack
that was different from Windows XP and below.

Try that out and see if it helps on your end.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Haha, thanks, it says:

"Note: This issue does not occur in Windows 7. The registry key DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle is set to 1 by default." though.

I'll confirm that anyway, try disabling the broadcast flag, and try the full duplex thing.

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Didn't work.

What's odd is that by default, the registry settings under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\TcpIP\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID} are all messed up.

By default, and whenever I disable/enable the adapter, the following keys get set:

DhcpIpAddress - 0.0.0.0
DhcpServer 255.255.255.255
DhcpSubnetMask 255.0.0.0

When it should eventually be:

DhcpIpAddress - 192.168.1.5
DhcpServer 192.168.1.1
DhcpSubnetMask 255.255.255.0

If I force the dhcp server/mask manually, it DOES manage to get the proper IP by itself, but it is still confused and doesn't connect/resets. Or perhaps that only gets set properly when connected? When it doesn't, it's nowhere near close.

What's more odd, is that whenever I change something in the registry or properties, it usually gets the values correctly, but always right before I reset or so it seems...grrr...

It also seems to have major issues identifying the network, and only does so properly when the above registry keys are also correct.

Edit: Well, I guess good news for everyone here is that it doesn't seem to be a router issue, since the same thing happens when I just connect directly to the modem.

Odd that once in a while it recognizes the network, and gets an IP, but still can't connect, and then most of the time I get "Unidentified Network" and no ip (169.XXX...)

Edit #2: I think I found something similar. Perhaps it's because of 64 bit and 4 gigs ram?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 8dd43ea054