[Idea]Brick Help

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

jorgemiguel4

[Idea]Brick Help

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

Gargoyle is aimed mostly to average internet users, who don't have much tech knowledge. And as we know, sometimes during flash things go wrong and the router becomes a expensive brick. Most people will not be able to fix it, right?

So, my idea is to create a list with people who can help these users for a small fee or a beer :D

Example:

Name: Jorge Miguel
Fee: 2,00€ + Shipping(if necessary)
Equipment: Solder station, hot air de-solder station, TTL Serial cable,...
Can debrick: Most TP-Link models

Additional: RAM memory upgrade possible too in some models, as long you provide the chip.

What do you think?

ispyisail

Re: [Idea]Brick Help

Post by ispyisail »

maybe

I've only seen a few reports of bricked routers?

phrunt

Post by phrunt »

I think it's a great idea, especially with the number of TPLink routers Gargoyle is bricking the past few weeks. I just need someone in New Zealand to fix mine!!

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

phrunt wrote:I think it's a great idea, especially with the number of TPLink routers Gargoyle is bricking the past few weeks. I just need someone in New Zealand to fix mine!!
tell us more

how did you brick your router?

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

I disagree the part that Gargoyle is bricking routers. The "brick rate" is the same as stock firmware. The problem here is that people, me included, flash their routers much more times with a firmware like Gargoyle than with stock firmware,

I have bricked my router only one time, in dozens of flashes, with OpenWRT, don't know exactly why. But it happens...