Asus WL-500gP V2 Help

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

lazyjai

Asus WL-500gP V2 Help

Post by lazyjai »

Okay I got the ASUS WL-500gP V2 installed gargoyle and looks to be working good.

So now I'm trying to get the internet working (I'm using Optus Cable www.optusnet.com.au)

I connect the ASUS WL-500gP V2 WAN Port via an network cable to the Motorola Modem (which has the optus coax cable connected to it).

After that when I log into 192.168.1.1 – I have to set the Internet / WAN settings.

1. I tried using DHCP (Wired) – Thinking it will automatic detect and do itself... which it didnt (not suprised)

2. Then I tried using Static IP (Wired) – I basically just copy & paste the details from my previous setup (which is still working) and entered the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway... and still not working =(

So is there anyone who set up gargoyle for optus cable out there can help me? PLEASE!

Or someone who was able to successfully install gargoyle but can't get the internet connection to work and then got it working?

FRiC

Re: Asus WL-500gP V2 Help

Post by FRiC »

This might be obvious, but did you set the DNS servers too? What router were you using previously?

lordy

Post by lordy »

Hi LazyJai,

Try plugging the network cable into a normal router port on the asus. It does not work going into the WAN port. I found this out just yesterday :)

Just realised how long ago this was... I'll keep it for future people having problems.

gmore

Post by gmore »

it should work on the wan port,

what you need to do is fully power off the motorola modem first, by unplugging the power cable from the wall. then turn the router on first. and then turn on the modem.