WR841nd v7.2 bricked?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

iBlueArrow

WR841nd v7.2 bricked?

Post by iBlueArrow »

I flashed the router from openwrt to gargoyle 1.5.7.
It worked. Out of no reason, I later did the 30/30/30 reset without knowing this method is not workable for gargoyle.

Now, I'm stuck in the login page. It say invalid password.
I tried the failsafe method by pressing the qss button. The setting led flashed rapidly but then I was not able to ping or telnet to it.

I used the U232-D9 on the serial recovery method on to found out later that the tx output is 8v. I followed the com settings in the guide and got weird characters in putty.

I measured 4 of the slots on the board but tx is no giving me any voltage reading. Is it KO? I'm still able to see the login page and ping the router in normal condition though.

UsernameTaken

Re: WR841nd v7.2 bricked?

Post by UsernameTaken »

I tried the failsafe method by pressing the qss button. The setting led flashed rapidly but then I was not able to ping or telnet to it.
How were you connected to the router? Did you set your computer to have a static ip of 192.168.1.2?

I doubt that your router is bricked. If the router is generating a html page it's probably not broken to the degree you can't reset it with the failsafe mode.

iBlueArrow

Post by iBlueArrow »

UsernameTaken wrote:
How were you connected to the router? Did you set your computer to have a static ip of 192.168.1.2?

I doubt that your router is bricked. If the router is generating a html page it's probably not broken to the degree you can't reset it with the failsafe mode.
Yes, i did. I can ping 192.168.1.1 normally but if I press the qss button when the router powers up and the setting led starts to blink rapidly, it'll show 192.168.1.2: Destination unreachable instead.

Any way through? Will the serial method works if the tx channel has no reading?

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

You are wise to create a proper thread when you have a problem. I do not comment on 'problems' reported in the news thread.

Sounds like your password has been reset to nothing. Try and telnet into your router. Then run 'passwd' to set your password.

If telnet does not work then try putty and see if that can work.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

iBlueArrow

Post by iBlueArrow »

Finally reset it successfully. Thanks for all your helps.
I really like gargoyle. It's much more stable than ddwrt i used previously. :D

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

iBlueArrow wrote:Finally reset it successfully. Thanks for all your helps.
I really like gargoyle. It's much more stable than ddwrt i used previously. :D
what was the problem?

phtoros

Post by phtoros »

Hello, same problem. Can't telnet with 192.168.1.2 ip on my computer.
Sys LED blinking. But no connection.