1.5.7 and Netgear WNDR3700 2.4Ghz

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

indolering

1.5.7 and Netgear WNDR3700 2.4Ghz

Post by indolering »

I upgraded to the attitude adjustment build and I have been having a lot of trouble with my 2.4 Ghz radio.

It works intermittently, but when I try to connect I usually get a "A connection timeout occurred". The previously flaky 5Ghz channel works like a charm and logread didn't return anything interesting...

Anyone else having problems?

DoesItMatter

Re: 1.5.7 and Netgear WNDR3700 2.4Ghz

Post by DoesItMatter »

What is your encryption and bandwidth/channel settings?

I checked mine and I don't see any of that "Radius" stuff.

Try simpler and then step up.

Try 20mhz and WEP encryption on 1 channel

If that works, then try 20mhz WPA on 1 channel

Then 20 mhz WPA2-PSK on 1 channel

Then 40 mhz WPA2-PSK on a set of channels

That will help you troubleshoot where the issue is.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

kingwaffle

Post by kingwaffle »

I am having the exact same issue, except with 5Ghz.

Seems to only rear it's ugly head every week or two of uptime.

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

I also have tons of issues on WNDR3700v2 with 1.5.7. Mainly devices that drop connection would not reconnect back to the router. Looking at the list of connected hosts, they appear to be connected and yet, none of them would reconnect until I reboot the router. All my devices are entered in the DHCP list, if that helps pinpoint to the bug. I don't see this being specific to 2.4 or 5 channel, ie my Google Nexus phone connects to both but when it gets stuck, if won't connect to any channel anymore. My Nexus7 does only 2.4 and if the router has not been rebooted for a couple of days, and I reboot the Nexus7, it'll NOT connect. Same with the Wii and the 3DS consoles.
Marv

kingwaffle

Post by kingwaffle »

marvinandro wrote:I also have tons of issues on WNDR3700v2 with 1.5.7. Mainly devices that drop connection would not reconnect back to the router. Looking at the list of connected hosts, they appear to be connected and yet, none of them would reconnect until I reboot the router. All my devices are entered in the DHCP list, if that helps pinpoint to the bug. I don't see this being specific to 2.4 or 5 channel, ie my Google Nexus phone connects to both but when it gets stuck, if won't connect to any channel anymore. My Nexus7 does only 2.4 and if the router has not been rebooted for a couple of days, and I reboot the Nexus7, it'll NOT connect. Same with the Wii and the 3DS consoles.
Marv
Looks like we're in the SAME EXACT boat. I first noticed it on my Nexus as well. I thought it was just my Nexus acting up, but then I reproduced the same behavior on my HTPC (a Mac Mini) when I had to reboot it.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the DHCP lease times.

I'd downgrade to 1.5.6 but I am fairly lazy...

Is this a new issue from just this past release, or has it been around for awhile?

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

It sounds like only you and I are having that issue. I'll start a new thread under 1.5.8 as I upgraded and the issues is still there. I didn't have to reboot the router daily until 1.5.7.