Well here I go..

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Coder56

Well here I go..

Post by Coder56 »

Bought a new TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.8 router within australia. Havn't yet flashed it, but want to check something before I do something i'll regret.

In regards to the instructions on this page:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... l-wr1043nd

Is this also for rev v1.8 for model TP-Link TL-WR1043ND? I don't want to be flashing any wrong firmwares onto the wrong handware revision number. Another thing too is because I bought the router in australia, can you still use the firmware restore (mentioned on that page above) on the router bought in australia?

ispyisail

Re: Well here I go..

Post by ispyisail »

I doubt you will get a firm answer.

I you don't want any troubles purchase a router from Eric

Coder56

Re: Well here I go..

Post by Coder56 »

Its all good. Flashed the firmware onto the router and quite surprisingly my netgear DGN2200 ADSL2 modem is bridging properly (even though i saw reports it doesn't support bridging!) Played a few games online with me hosting the server and had clients joining so looks like NAT is working.

Setup the quotas and they are recording correcltly as well to what i download. Would be cool though if I could give the quotas an actual name (I've set up two - one for peak and one for off peak download) instead of it saying Quota1 and Quota2. But really happy it supports defining off peak and peak quotas.

PS. This logging of bandwidth isn't gonna chew up the flash space is it? Cause I look at the source code (I know unix shell script and also C myself) and it looks like it dumps the bandwidth to a file and appends to it.