Some probs with 1.5.4 on Wndr3700v2

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

newtogarg

Some probs with 1.5.4 on Wndr3700v2

Post by newtogarg »

Hi all,

Just reflashed from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 and I'm not sure what the problem is but I seem to be having a couple of problems with this build.

1. When making changes to any of the options in the Connections page, I click Save Changes and the router goes through the normal process of saving the new changes and restarting, but fails to restart. The power, 2.4ghz and internet LED's on the router are lit up (solid green) but the router does not come online. I cant ping it or get a network connection through wireless or ethernet.

2. After flashing to 1.5.4 my wireless connection (from PC) to the router seems to intermittently drop out. Well it slows down, as in, it goes from 150mbps, then 100mbps then 50mpbs etc till it reaches zero and i have to reconnect to the router again.

3. There seems to be an issue with the Channel Width. The thing doesn't stick to the settings you apply! For eg, I set it to N+G+B, 40mhz 2nd chan, above and select Channel 1 (which ends up as 1 + 5). Now its all good till I give the router a reboot. All the options look the same but for some reason it doesnt broadcast at channel 1 + 5. Its as if the router has gone back to broadcasting at 20mhz in channel 1.

So what could the problem be? A bad flash? I flash from TFTP but boot into safe/recovery mode before doing so.

Now I'm not too sure if anyone's having any good results with the new 1.5.4 but please chime in and advise how this is working out for you.

Also, how experimental are these experimental builds anyway? 1.5.3 was pretty soild.

dnd

Re: Some probs with 1.5.4 on Wndr3700v2

Post by dnd »

i've had 1.5.4 since it came out and it's been relatively stable for me, no real problems to report.

thecrazy

Re: Some probs with 1.5.4 on Wndr3700v2

Post by thecrazy »

Im using 1.5.4 on a WNDR3700 V1 and everything works fine except once in a while the internet stops completely and the only way to get it back is to reset the router.

Really annoying. Also whenever I flash a new version of Gargoyle on it, the first try usualy bricks the router, then I TFTP flash it and it starts working. A real pain in the ass. I wish DDWRT had bandwith quotas.