NIC is not up

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

adex1361

NIC is not up

Post by adex1361 »

Hello.
I installed 1.5.3 on my TP-LINK WR1043ND. I configured WAN connection (PPOE) according to manual. Username and password are correct. The problem is that WAN interface is not up after reboot (WAN led is not blinking). My ISP says that there is no physical connection to my router. When I revert back to original firmware everything is ok. Should I run some commands in Linux to activate NIC?
Thanks

hnl_dk

Re: NIC is not up

Post by hnl_dk »

The problem is that TP-LINK is not using the routers physical MAC address (for the WAN port). Gargoyle/OpenWRT is.
If you get your ISP to notify your routers real MAC address instead of the fake MAC address that TP-LINK uses, then it will work.

You could also change the routers MAC address to the same that TP-LINK is using for your WAN port, then it should also work.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

adex1361

Re: NIC is not up

Post by adex1361 »

Hello.
Thank You very much for Your answer.
My ISP does not care which MAC address I have. I use PPOE connection with user name and password. But anyway I implemented your suggestion. The result is still the same. The NIC is not up when I use Gargoyle. The WAN led is not lighted up. When I restore original firmware everything is ok. Very strange thing. Do I have to run some special command in Linux to activate WAN?