Router time screwed up

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jh001

Router time screwed up

Post by jh001 »

Hi,

I running V1.5.2 on a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND. It's been really great expect that for some inexplicable reason the router time gets screwed up every now and again, meaning all time-base restrictions goes completely out of wack. Kids are not happy!! :x

Usually the time is corrected on the next update. I've tried various time servers and update intervals but get the same issue each time. As a test/check I've used the same time servers for my PCs with no issues so it looks like problem might be with Gargoyle. Is this a known bug?

Maybe there should be some sanity check (or the option) that if the difference between the current time and updated time is more than xx minutes it should not be updated??

jh001

Re: Router time screwed up

Post by jh001 »

Anyone? This is really driving me crazy. Every 3rd or so update the router time goes totally out of whack, only to be fixed on the next update. The time zone is set to UTC+10:00, Australia Queensland

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

sometimes ive had problems with my router and the only fix was a failsafe reset

ScottAdams

Post by ScottAdams »

I am using the same router. It will not auto correct the time. I think we need a way to tell gargoyle to sync its time or allow the user to enter the proper time!
Say Yoho - Everything spins around and suddenly I'm elsewhere...
M. Scott Adams (Not Dilbert, Adventure!)
http://www.msadams.com

RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

Just did a new install of 1.5.5 on my Dlink DIR-825 and it says it is 12/31/69 21:09 CST.
Some help with this would be nice, I would like to setup access times and I can't without the correct time.

Edit: The backup config seems to be causing my problems, every time I load it things go nuts. I wound up redoing all my settings the hard way and all seems to be working ok now.

pelowj

Post by pelowj »

From Eric in another post:

"I just realized what's going on with time settings. I'm guessing that the people having problems preserved their config settings when doing the upgrade.

In this case the new busybox ntp client will be looking for a config section that doesn't exist in the old config files. You can either try installing without preserving settings or login to your router via ssh and edit /etc/config/system, and add the following lines to it:

CODE: SELECT ALL
config timeserver ntp
list server 0.pool.ntp.org
list server 1.pool.ntp.org
list server 2.pool.ntp.org

That should fix the time problems."

AubreyJ

Post by AubreyJ »

I support the request for an option to manually set date/time, as I've never had the correct settings in more than three years. Otherwise, an invaluable tool. TP-Link TL-WR941ND v3. With thanks.