Static IP or UPNP problem

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

smashon

Static IP or UPNP problem

Post by smashon »

1.5.2 on WRT54GL, when a certain android device connects, the wifi stops working. I punched in the MAC of this device before it had even connected once, and gave it a static IP. I also set up all the quota's and stuff before putting the wifi on live to the whole house so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that....

The uPNP bit of it is... there were 3 UDP connections to 239.255.255.250 from that android device, which I read is something called SSDP on port 1900, which I'm guessing is something to do with uPNP. After those 3 connections, the wifi came down.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

mix

Re: Static IP or UPNP problem

Post by mix »

Can you view the output of dmesg or logread command with a computer that is connected to the router directly (not wireless) when this happens and post what happens here? I have a stable system, but I am using 1.4.5 firmware and WPA TKIP encryption. I am not using quotas or qos, but am using UPnP and have a Android phone using wifi. You are not the only one to report instability of wireless. I am trying to determine if something in particular is triggering these problems.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

smashon

Post by smashon »

My phones an android and that connects quite happily, it's just this one device. I'll have to wait until housemate goes out and sneak in to get to the cabinet. I'll report back then!

smashon

Post by smashon »

Disabling uPNP seems to have stopped this from happening which I'm happy with. Thanks for the help though :D