New DDNS Provider selfhost.de

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie456

New DDNS Provider selfhost.de

Post by newbie456 »

First, I want to thank all developers and contributors of Gargoyle and OpenWRT for their amazing work. Gargoyle turned my WNDR3800 from a nuisance to a great router.

Second, I would like to contribute back a tiny piece of code, the config for another DDNS provider, selfhost.de. I have added the configuration for this provider to ddns_providers.conf and tested it successfully on my router:

Code: Select all

service selfhost.de url_template https://carol.selfhost.de/update?username=[[USERNAME]]&password=[[PASSWORD]]&myip=[[IP]]
 required_variables username password
 required_variable_names Username,Password
 success_regexp	/200/
If desired, I can also create a diff, but probably copy/pasting these lines is easier.

Thanks again for your work, it is highly appreciated.

ispyisail

Re: New DDNS Provider selfhost.de

Post by ispyisail »

Thanks

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

newbie456: Thanks! Added to the master branch, will be included in the next release on the 1.5 branch (which will be 1.5.3).

ispyisail: This actually belongs in Show / Tell / Contribute, not General Development forum, since this is actually a code contribution, not a question/concern/suggestion about development.

Sorry for bouncing this post around a bit, just wanted to make sure it ended up in the right place! Your contribution is much appreciated.

newbie456

Post by newbie456 »

Wow, that was fast! Thanks again, and looking forward to the next release.