TP-Link 1043ND: 1.5.2 causes LAN Problems when accessing NAS

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikam892

TP-Link 1043ND: 1.5.2 causes LAN Problems when accessing NAS

Post by Mikam892 »

I have a very strange issue here with my 1043ND (version 1.0de) in combination with 1.5.2: I have a Medion P89626 NAS attached via LAN to the router. For some reason the NAS gets stuck when accessing it via web UI or even the NAS seeker utility, and only a NAS reset/reboot helps. For some strange reason ping is still possible. And on very next access (when trying to check NAS statistics etc.) it get's again inaccessible (always NAS does not respond error) while ping remains working.

Even that this sounds like a pure issue on NAS side I did not identify the same problem when using 1.4.4 on my 1043ND to which I did revert yesterday. Since then I did not have a single situation that NAS got stuck.

As said I have no idea what is really causing this problem but somehow it seems to be related to 1.5.2.

hnl_dk

Re: TP-Link 1043ND: 1.5.2 causes LAN Problems when accessing

Post by hnl_dk »

Can I get you to check a few things?
1. Please try this hack - http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =13&t=1736 - post the log and tell us then it went wrong on that log (note the time).
2. What computer are you using, to try to access the NAS?
Eventually try to disable to antivirusprogram before doing what triggers the problem.
3. If it is also possible to get a syslog from the NAS, please post it too.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

Mikam892

Re: TP-Link 1043ND: 1.5.2 causes LAN Problems when accessing

Post by Mikam892 »

I try to do it during the weekend. I tried to access from several PC's and once the NAS is stuck it does not work from others (mainly Win 7 PC's with different firewall software brands but also via iPad).
But after reverting to 1.4.4 it works stable from all of them.
Not sure if the Medion device tells much as it seems to wipe almost everything away on a reset but I need to check more carefully. I found no way to access it once it is stuck (you hear the harddisk spinning up but no communication works besides ping).