WRT150N Wireless

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

NETio

WRT150N Wireless

Post by NETio »

I have a WRT150N V1.0 that I would like to run Gargoyle 1.4 on. My reason to run Gargoyle is I have Wildblue satelite internet that gives me a monthly bandwidth quota and if I exceed that I lose internet for several days (until the rolling quota comes down from 100% to 70%).

Anyway, my problem is wireless does not work. It runs fine with DD-WRT, it runs fine on the latest OpenWRT 2.4 kernel with the kmod-brcm-wl-mimo driver installed, and I got Gargoyle 1.2.5 (the last 2.4 kernel I could find) running with the wl-mimo driver.

I know the problem is the lack of a compatible driver for the new 2.6 kernel. Would it be possible to build 1.4.2 on OpenWRT brcm-2.4? Is there anyway to get the proper driver on the updated version of Gargoyle? I know OpenWRT maintains the brcm2.4 target, and Gargoyle maintains multiple build targets, would it be possible for Gargoyle to pick back up brcm-2.4?

EDIT:
Seems like 1.3.9 was actually the last 2.4 kernel build, I was only checking the latest minor version out of every major version. I'm going to update to 1.3.9 and see what I can do but I'd really like to be able to run 1.4.2.

I really want the quotas working, and Gargoyle 1.2.5 is missing some of the features I liked, such as being able to throttle back a user when they hit their quota, etc.

EDIT:
How up to date are the packages in http://www.gargoyle-router.com/packages ... /brcm-2.4/ assuming there are packages in there? I'd be willing to build a custom OpenWRT image using the gargoyle packages for brcm-2.4 if they are up to date.