Linksys WRT32X 1.12 upgrade 1.14

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

cobra98

Linksys WRT32X 1.12 upgrade 1.14

Post by cobra98 »

Hi,
Gargoyle version 1.12.0 | OpenWrt 18.06 branch
i have a lots of tweaks installed like
bearDropper, sub2rbl, syslog settings, webcam lights off and a lot of hosts with ip addresses.
Is it possible to backup most of the settings and installations and migrate it to 1.14?
Or can i make a full backup from 1.12 including installation and in case something goes wrong restore 1.12 version and restore all like it was before?
If i update to 1.14 will i lose all of it, do i have to reset to defaults again?
What is the recommended procedure for doing backup besides router configuration backup which in the past was not needed as i had to restore to defaults mostly always and set all manually again.
And what is the recommended image for a upgrade without losing all my installations, DHCP Ips and beardropper / sub2rbl (is it even possible to not lose it?)
I saved /etc/ddns_gargoyle.conf + ethers + hosts
(at the moment)

Or is there a way to remove / block these messages which come from ip v6 outside lan i guess.
"<28>dec 16 15:36:59 5minutesp miniupnpd[7406]: ssdp packet sender [fd00::e228:6dff:fe73:9fe7]:1
900 (if_index=-1) not from a lan, ignoring"
<27>dec 16 15:36:59 5minutesp miniupnpd[7406]: nlmsg_error -13 : permission denied

i can only disable "Enable UPnP & NAT-PMP service" then these messages are gone, alternative solutions are welcome.

What are the differences between 1.12 and 1.14?

Lantis

Re: Linksys WRT32X 1.12 upgrade 1.14

Post by Lantis »

This question is largely academic as there is no 1.14 for your device. There will be a 1.15 in the future.

The short answer is, no.
The long answer is, yes, if you understand the consequences and selectively backup things that are not likely to cause an issue.
As you are coming from a version predating all of the IPv6 changes, which resulted in lots of config differences and data/quota format differences, there would be a LOT of manual effort to do that.
The hosts/ethers files are no longer used either.
viewtopic.php?p=65450#p65450

So back to the beginning, "no".

The miniupnpd messages are largely resolved in 1.14.

Differences:
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.